Friday, September 13, 2013

End of Weight-Loss Journey in Sight

My weight-loss journey is slowly coming to an end. It has taken a little over 4 months but I am now down over 41lbs. My total goal, after some negotiation, is 47 lbs. I had originally wanted to lose 57 lbs. However, after some discussion and some additional analysis, I was convinced that 47 lbs was healthy weight loss and 57 lbs would be too much. It really hasn't been that bad. I have missed pasta and popcorn but I have had a little of each during the last month or so.

I am going to transition to the maintenance portion of this plan Starting October 1. They will help me learn more about balancing and help me to add in items.

We just spent a week in Hawaii. I did enjoy shaved ice, ice cream and some chocolate. I weighed in today and lost another 2.1 lbs. I have learned to balance and to have portion control. I can have those things just not everyday. It kind of falls into the "Everything in Moderation" mindset. I can do that.

I also have found ways to make being active fun. The gym is ok. I don't really enjoy running but I do it. I have joined flag football and soccer teams with my husband. It has been a great way to get an hour of exercise and have fun.

I am finally back in a size 8. I have been wearing double digit sizes for well over 10 years. I plan to take some of my favorite clothing items to a seamstress to have them altered.

Anyway, I'm glad that this part of the process is almost over. I am looking forward to being able to maintain this weight and to continue being active. I'm also looking forward to buying new ski pants!

Thank you to everyone for all of your support and understanding! I really appreciate it! Have a great weekend.

P.S. My boobs have not shrunk! I went in for a fitting and I did not lose a cup size. I didn't think I'd get to keep these.

No comments:

Post a Comment